Atmosfair runs a CDM Gold Standard Programme of Activities in Nigeria under which improved firewood cook stoves are sold at reduced prices to end users throughout Nigeria who previously cooked on inefficient traditional fireplaces.
Cook stove Distribution
- Oversee and steer distribution partners and their sales strategies
- Recruit new distribution partners
- Accurate reporting of sales activities and numbers of stoves in Nigeria
- Optimise supply chains/ distribution channels with the aim to minimize operating costs and to maximize direct contact and follow up with end users
- Train new distribution partners on sales and monitoring requirements
- Arrange for transport and stocking of cook stoves
- Customs Clearance of cook stove containers in Lagos Harbour and handling of all customs issues
- Ensure tracking of stoves from landing in Nigeria to sales to the end user
- Ensure collection of end user receipts by distributors
- Ensure transfer of end user details into local and centralized computer based sales database
- Annual stove user survey campaigns (one month) covering about 200 users across Nigeria
- Prepare, organize and be responsible for annual UN auditor on site verification of monitoring
Government and Administration
- Solicit support and approval from federal and local government authorities
- Promoting the atmosfair brand
- Acquisition of funds and support programmes (MFIs, international donor programs, grants etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3-5 years working experience in end user technologies and/ or supply chain management with proven success
- Experience with CDM or other carbon standards
- Results based working attitude and strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Well-developed quantitative and analytical abilities
- Computer (Word, Excel, Access) and internet affinity
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to streamline conflicting interests of programme stakeholders
- Excellent English language skills, Hausa or other local language skills are an asset
- Integrity and commitment to high ethical standards
Please send your CV, completed application form, your references and a cover letter with indication of your salary expectation until 09.06.2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will first be interviewed on phone. Final candidates will be invited for an interview in Berlin, Germany or in Nigeria.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Read more about the position here.