Forest Trends’ Ecosystem Marketplace is seeking a full time research assistant for our Carbon Program. The position will run for an initial 3 month contract, with potential for extension into the Fall/Winter.
Ecosystem Marketplace’s Carbon Program produces a range of qualitative and quantitative analyses of the voluntary and forest carbon markets. Our products include original news articles, annual marketplace reports, periodic topical reports, newsletters, a resource library and tracking carbon offset projects. For more information about Ecosystem Marketplace, a leading source of information and analysis on environmental markets and payments for ecosystem services, visit www.ecosystemmarketplace.com.
- Support in preparation of the State of the Forest Carbon/Voluntary Carbon Markets report, including corresponding with survey contacts and reviewing results
- Data collection for the annual State of reports and other carbon publications
- Story identification and summary writing for weekly news briefs, reaching >10,000 readers
- Researching carbon news and events to contribute to Ecosystem Marketplace website news, feature stories, event listing and blog
- Contributing to updates of Ecosystem Marketplace Marketwatch website sections and the Forest Carbon Portal
- Representing the Ecosystem Marketplace Carbon Program at relevant conferences and/or events in the Washington, DC region
- And other tasks that arise
- Graduate degree a plus
- Interest in conservation finance/payments for ecosystem services and basic knowledge of the carbon markets or another ecosystem service market
- Excellent writing, research and organizational skills; journalism skills a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment, but also to work well with minimum management
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Access
- Ability to commute to a Washington, DC Dupont Circle office
Please send your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org