EKO Asset Management Partners is a specialized investment management and advisory firm focused on discovering and monetizing unrealized and unrecognized environmental assets, with an emphasis on carbon and other ecosystem service markets. The firm has decades of experience advising and investing in mainstream capital markets with a particular focus on land-based carbon assets, water, natural infrastructure, and sustainable development.
EKO invests in projects that create environmental value. EKO also advises landowners, companies, investors and government agencies that can benefit from existing and emerging environmental markets. The company was founded in January of 2008 by a team of professionals experienced in environmental markets and investment management. EKO’s founding shareholders include Wolfensohn & Co and several other family offices and investment firms with an interest in environmental assets.
EKO Asset Management Partners is seeking a full-time Vice President or Senior Associate to serve as an investment analyst and assist with business development. The position will be based in EKO’s New York office. The analyst will principally work with the EKO Green Carbon Fund (GCF), a fund focused on investing in carbon offsets for the California compliance carbon market. The analyst will also perform consulting and investment analysis work on carbon and other environmental markets in which EKO is working to develop strategies for private capital deployment. A principal focus of the non-carbon advisory and investment work will be on natural infrastructure, working with engineering firms such as CH2M Hill and environmental non-profits like The Nature Conservancy and the Natural Resources Defense Council to develop sustainability-related investment products.
- Sourcing carbon offset investment opportunities from private landowners, timber investment organizations, and non-profit organizations
- Analyzing carbon offset investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, and composing investment memoranda
- Assisting in the management of the GCF investment portfolio Leading market analysis to inform carbon investment and business strategy
- Researching and analyzing information for consulting projects on natural infrastructure Performing investment analysis on natural infrastructure projects such as stormwater management and watershed protection for urban areas
- Leading certain investment decision-making processes for carbon and natural infrastructure
- 7+ years of work experience in either a finance, infrastructure, or carbon-related field; applied investment decision-making experience desired
- Graduate degree or credential related to finance (e.g., MBA or CFA) or policy or law degree with extensive finance training
- Knowledge of carbon markets; familiarity with the California carbon market a plus
- Ability to conduct sophisticated investment analysis; formal analyst training ideal Ability to synthesize research and compose professional consulting outputs
- Ability to manage projects and manage relationships in an entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for ecosystem markets and desire to work in a start-up asset management firm
- Knowledge of climate and environmental policy, impact investing, payments for ecosystem services and/or other environmental markets
Open until filled.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com