Terra Global Capital, LLC was formed in June 2006 to provide organizations with strategic advice in environmental markets. Our goal is to facilitate the market for land use carbon and other environmental credits. We do this by providing technical expertise for the measurement and monetization of land use carbon credits and carbon finance through a dedicated investment fund. By combining remote sensing based measurement methodologies with carbon finance we aim to lower costs and increase accuracy for carbon from afforestation, reforestation agro-forestry, changes in agricultural practices, and avoided deforestation projects globally. By providing this expertise we can bring feasibility to many valuable projects, particularly those in areas of rural poverty.
- Review technical aspects of AFOLU carbon projects and provide guidance to project developers regarding project typology, eligible methodologies and mechanics of carbon monitoring, reporting and verification.
- Execute and review ex-ante and actual carbon calculations of AFOLU carbon projects.
- Develop and review feasibility reports, project documents and monitoring reports of AFOLU projects, and review such documents.
- Visit remote project sites and organize/manage field-work to support forest-based carbon projects (e.g., conducting biomass inventories).
- Manage field surveys and social appraisals to collect in-site land use and land cover data and assess the biophysical, and socio-economic feasibility of land-based carbon projects.
- Developing and reviewing AFOLU carbon project methodologies.
- Review the work of the remote sensing analysis team, including standard remote sensing procedures (e.g., execution of geometric and radiometric corrections, classification, GIS-based post-classification procedures).
- Minimally 5 years of professional experience in environmental consulting.
- Minimally 2 years of experience with carbon projects, including an affinity with accreditation programs and standards like the CDM, VCS, and CAR.
- Excellent and proven written skills in English. Knowledge of Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Familiar with basic biogeochemistry in forest and agricultural ecosystems, including understanding of terrestrial carbon quantification.
- Practical understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Exceptionally computer literate, including complete mastering of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Organized, market focused and results-oriented.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment, but self-manage deliverables.
- Willing to travel.
- Affinity for cultural idiosyncrasies while working abroad.
- PhD in applied natural sciences such as forestry, ecology, natural resources, biogeochemistry, GIS or remote sensing.
- Coursework in GIS analysis, remote sensing, and tropical forest systems is preferred.
- Experience working in an international environment, and specifically in developing countries.
- Experience with biomass inventories in forest systems.
- Experience with writing methodologies
Interested candidates please send CV and writing sample to HR@terraglobalcapital.com.
Read more about the position here.